Layover in Changi

The thing I can passionately say I hate the most, is long layovers/transits. To be stuck within a airport for more than 2 hours, is surely the most boring and time wasting thing anybody can experience.

My 16 hour layover in Changi International airport (Singapore)

Changi airport has been rated the best airport from 2013 to 2017 (current). It is one of the largest transportation hubs in SouthEast Asia. It has hundreds of shops for you to browse around and spend money, and also hundreds of food shops for people to dine in or takeaway. 
My layover was from 6am - 10pm, allowing me to spend a full day exploring the total of 4 terminals with a little amount of money. The moment I arrived at the airport, I went straight to the 24hour food court available at each terminal and made sure to buy some food to fill up my stomach for the long day ahead.

Changi airport offers free 2 hour tours to Marina Bay, Little India, Chinatown and much much more! Just make sure to sign up at the free tour booths in advance to book the time that suits your best! (You are only permitted to leave the airport once, so if you have much more time to spare, feel free to actually explore and travel outside of the airport on your own for as long as you like! Just make sure you give yourself enough time to travel to and from the airport, and also time to go through security checks etc..)

Changi airport itself has many facilities to suit its' patrons. The things I enjoyed the most were the gardens that they have within the terminals. They have a sunflower garden, a butterfly garden and a cactus garden! They are great to visit during the day time, as the gardens rely on natural sunlight to be lit up.

Free 24 hour cinemas are also available for free to watch! They show back to back new release movies suitable for all ages to go watch and enjoy some rest time!! Speaking of rest, there are varies different sleeping lounges available for you to go rest and take a nap before a flight, with some mini waterfalls and sounds of flowing water helping you relax and sleep, I definitely spent a few hours napping there right after I ate.


By taking advantage of all the facilities they had in Changi, I can say my 16 hour layover was entertained and well spent!!

Make sure to explore as much of the airport you can if you get the chance! Most things that I did besides buying food and doing a little duty free shopping, were in fact free of charge, so don't worry if you didn't exchange singaporean dollars, they take all sorts of currency there!

- Antonia 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuji Q - Home to the roller coaster world records

Disney Sea - Nostalgic for both you and me

Soldiers Point