Hi everyone and welcome to our travel blog. We are Australian University students from different backgrounds, with varying travelling experience. Throughout this blog, will be sharing our experiences and travel tips and tricks.

 
Photo: World Travel Guide 

But first, where have our authors been?

Megan:
In my almost 20 years of life I've been blessed with the opportunity for adventure. I used to be a competitive swimmer, and with my swimming came a lot of travelling around the country to compete. I've stood in every state in Australia, and seen some gorgeous sites. I haven't been to the middle of Australia yet, but it is on my bucket list. I've remained on the coast lines my whole life living 3 minutes from the beach, and  I never tire of looking at the ocean. In 2012, my school travelled to Japan and I was lucky enough to go on this excursion. I spent two weeks exploring Japanese culture and loved every minute of it. In 2014 as part of my Gold Duke of Edinburgh, I hiked the Queen Charlotte Track in New Zealand, which had absolutely breath taking views from every direction. Recently I went on a family holiday to Hawaii, and stayed on the island Oahu. My highlight of this trip was zip-lining through the trees, and venturing up the North Shore.

Susannah: I have never been on an airplane, I have never traveled overseas, and I have barely made it out of my home state of NSW. I have found myself in this travel-less situation purely because I have never had the need or opportunity to travel. I have a desire to discover the country that I live in before heading off to explore others. My travels have taken me as far as up north to Coffs Harbour, down south to Albury, and out west/inland to Dubbo, Orange, Young - just to name a few. I have experienced camping, caravaning, house boating, cabin living, resorts and beautiful cottages in the mountains. If I were to travel overseas, I would love to visit Malta to see my extended family and explore the country that my Maltese grandparents have always shared so much about... One of my travel goals, that I have had for many years (inspired by my other Grandparents), is to head out on a road trip to Broken Hill in NSW.

Kevin: Travelling has always been a passion of mine. That exhilarating feeling as you walk through the tunnel and into your aircraft, is something that can't be replicated. After the arduous journey that was the HSC, a group of my closest friends and I embarked on an adventure into an unknown land. Travelling to Japan was one of the best memories of my life, and one that I will cherish forever. From meeting my comrades at our local train station at 4AM in the morning, to simply just eating McDonalds at the airport (everyone knows it tastes better there), these are classified under one of the many complicated joys in life. Complicated in the sense that it takes planning and effort, however once achieved; it really is a unique sort of adrenaline and happiness that is incurred. The fortnight in Japan sparked my passion for travel, and is the reason I chose travelling as subject matter for my blog.

Antonia: I'm a competitive table tennis player, and represent Australia all around the world. I have competed recently in Taiwan, and last year in South Africa to name a few destinations.

We're keen to share our experiences with you!
Stay tuned.... another blog will be published next week. Thanks for reading!

-Megan Burgess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuji Q - Home to the roller coaster world records

Disney Sea - Nostalgic for both you and me

Soldiers Point